Monday, May 16, 2011

Synchronicity and frustration

I was turned down by another agent this morning, which I suppose is not terribly surprising. I'm not arrogant; I don't believe I've written the great American Novel. I do believe that it's at publishable level and is relatively entertaining and enlightening in its way, and I keep trying to think of ways to improve it or places to send it. Still, it is discouraging. I know the stats. I know how many places J.K. Rowling submitted before “Harry Potter” clicked with a publisher. I’m trying to keep an attitude of “Ok, it’s just a hobby.” Mostly I do. Today – I suppose because it’s Monday and I was a work – I was grumpy.

Then I got a good review from one of my stories on FanFiction.net. Synchronicity! Or, perhaps, a message. I am a Christian; I don’t advertise it, I’m not one to sit you down and try to convert you. (I had enough of that long before I became a Christian.) But perhaps this was God’s way of telling me to not be discouraged?

This has happened a couple of times! I get discouraged, then I get good news about something I wrote. Gives me hope.

Synchronicity. I’m now looking for fortuosity. (And if you don’t know what that is, take a look at this link to a: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-mDrxLVuVU (copyright Disney)

No comments:

Post a Comment