Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grumpy, Sleepy, and more dwarves

There are those days when I feel like all of Disney's seven dwarves. I'm constantly Sleepy. And, when I'm sleepy, I'm Grumpy. Dopey is a given. Bashful, well, usually. With the allergies I have, I'm also Sneezy. Sometimes I'm Happy. Doc is a hard one -- well, I do stammer like Doc, especially when I'm Sleepy.

I guess I should be grateful I don't have a long white beard.

Yesterday I received an edit from one of my fanzine editors. That's always humbling. I look at the corrections and think, geez, I should have known that, I should have seen that, what was I thinking? Today, I received notice that one of my stories is a finalist in a fan story contest (Fan-Q awards at MediaWest*con), which is totally cool. Six years ago, I won had a story published in a professional anthology, and the editor changed one word. ONE word! Haven't sold anything since.

So my writing life is Grumpy, Happy, Grumpy, Happy. I love to write, but am I fooling myself with my talent or lack of talent?

I guess I keep writing and keep hoping that I hit gold again, and suffer through all the dwarves!

No comments:

Post a Comment